Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week 5

We were able to get a babysitting appointment this week. We babysat for 4 hours. My wife was the one that found the opportunity and they were our upstairs neighbors. This made it easy as they dropped the baby off and we took care of him with the diapers and food that they gave us. I feel that this business is going to work extremely well for us. I think maybe we should charge more for our time. I feel that people are inclined to pay less than a reasonable wage because of the ease of finding willing babysitters, however, we are taking care of their child which is a very important thing. Also, we are offering to donate the final profits to a nonprofit.

I really enjoyed what Elder Hales spoke about. How can we provide for others outside our family if we cannot control how we live with our family. We must control the home before we can be expected to take care of things outside of our control. We are responsible for relatively so little. A big thing to think about is are the things we do to show love for our family or to show to others that we are a good provider. I love my wife very much and want to show her I love her but oftentimes I feel as if I am just trying to show off to her that I am the provider for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment