Monday, November 21, 2016

Lesson 10

Babysitting on Friday was interesting. I had a water polo game and could only go for the first 2 and a half hours of babysitting and my wife stayed for the rest of the time needed. Then they went over time by almost 40 minutes. We had even been talking about maybe if I would even show up at all for that appointment. It got me thinking that maybe if we needed to, my wife and I could split up and do two appointments at the same time if the need arises. We are both certainly capable.

I learned a lot about franchises that I had not known before. I had no idea that a lot of chain restaurants are franchises. I had always assumed that it was the business acting as a whole to open new locations and not a franchisee opening them. I also didn't know about the requirements to even start a franchise that so many of the franchises have. I knew there were royalties to pay, but I didn't know exactly how all of that works out. Looking up the options made it so much easier to understand. Also, I read a lot about business processes today. It didn't feel like there was much of a relationship between that and the other assignments about franchises. It did feel like it was all information I should know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment