Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week 07

Passion is more important than money. Many people desire to change the world and most of the time they make money. Some people desire to make money and they don't. So if you can pick between the two, follow your passion and the money will probably follow, but at least if it doesn't, you're doing something you are passionate about. Being passionate about what you do is far more important than anything else in your goals about what you want to do as your career.

Another part of our reading this week was a talk by President Hinckley. He mentions be true to yourself. Be true to God and be true to others. Be honest in all your dealings. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints first and foremost. I must not be stained by moral sin, especially in the workplace. Other people count on me and I need to be able to count on them. If I am not honest in my dealings with others, how could I expect honest behavior of them?

Also we got an summarized version of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. What I thought was interesting was that it is split into 3 "categories". Private victories, public victories, and overall effectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment